Makes: 11-12 cookies
* 75g Softened Butter
* 70g Caster Sugar
* 90g Brown Sugar
* 1/2 tsp Salt
* 1 Free Range Egg
* 150g Chocolate Chips (We use Belgian dark chocolate)
* 175g Plain Flour
1. Wash your hands and wear an apron. Line a baking tray with baking paper.
2. Add your softened butter, brown sugar & caster sugar into a bowl. Mix together until light and creamy. We use an electric whisk.
3. Add the egg. Whisk in.
4. Fold your flour into the mix, adding around a 1/3 at a time.
5. Add your chocolate chips of choice and mix in.
6. Using a scale, weigh 50g of cookie dough and roll into a ball, until all your mix is used up. Place each cookie dough ball onto your baking tray, making sure you've left enough space between each cookie. Put in the fridge for a minimum of 2 hours or overnight.
7. Preheat your oven to 170oc. Remove your cookie dough from the fridge. Using your thumb push down on each cookie to flatten it slightly. Cook for 12-15 minutes. Leave the cookies on the tray to cool slightly. Once cooled transfer to a cooling rack.
Baking Tip: Cookies are best eaten fresh within a day or two...if they last that long! Once you've cooled your cookie dough balls, place in a freezer bag or tub and freeze. Take as many cookies as you'd like to bake out of the freezer and leave to thaw slightly on a lined baking tray. Cook as above & enjoy!
Don’t forget to tag us in a photo of your creation or hashtag us with #loveliesbaking